Our highly qualified team is experienced in providing retirement solutions for clients who are planning for their future, for clients who are at the point of retirement, and for clients who are already retired.
We take the time to understand your goals, considering your short, medium and long term requirements. Our process is designed to deliver clear advice which takes account of all aspects of retirement planning.
Planning your future
For individuals planning for retirement we will:
- Advise on your existing arrangements, considering charges, suitability and performance.
- Assess your existing retirement savings, using projections to establish the level of income this may provide.
- Compare your existing savings with your future income needs; working with you to develop a plan to meet any shortfall.
- Design an investment strategy aimed at meeting your goals, while maintaining a suitable investment risk profile.
- Ensure the taxation efficiency of your retirement savings.
- We can also advise on SIPP and SSAS arrangements, arranging commercial property purchases and loans.
For individuals who are at retirement we will:
- Guide you through the different options for drawing your pension benefits to find a solution that is right for you and your dependents.
- Advise as to the level of retirement income you can receive, from both your private savings and the State Pension.
- Advise on the repayment of any outstanding debt.
- Design an investment strategy to ensure that any lump sums you receive from your pensions or the sale of your business provide you with financial security for your lifetime.
- Make best use of your taxation allowances, exemptions and planning opportunities.
- Give ‘holistic’ advice, taking account of your potential future needs, including estate planning and the implications and cost of long term care.
We provide an open market annuity service to help you achieve the maximum value for money from your pension.
Many people simply accept what is offered by their pension provider, however in nearly all cases a higher income can be found by seeking an independent ‘open market’ quote. There are many options to consider, such as guaranteed income periods, dependent’s pensions and inflation linking. Health too is an important factor, for example being a smoker can increase retirement income by 30% and even quite common ailments such as high cholesterol or blood pressure can make a significant difference.
Our independent, expert advice is designed to make your hard-earned pension pot go further.
How we work
An initial meeting to discuss your requirements is at our expense.
Our advice is provided in writing and we present our recommendations in person to discuss how these will meet your specific objectives and to answer your questions.
Once we have agreed with you the best course of action, we implement our recommendations and take care of the necessary administration on your behalf.
We offer ongoing review services designed to ensure that your financial plans make the most of your resources and continue to work for you.